This super easy hummus recipe is deliciously creamy and makes the perfect snack! You can can enjoy this hummus with veggies, crackers, pita chips, on a sandwich or even by the spoonful. The options with super easy hummus are endless!
I love having homemade hummus on hand, for the work week especially. I truly need to have prepped snacks like this ready to go or I’ll continue to eat spoonful’s of almond butter in a pinch! 🙂 This is the most flavorful hummus I’ve ever made. It’s nutty and smoky from the tahini and cumin, yet bright and zesty from the lemon. It also comes together super quickly in your food processor. I have this food processor and love it!
Hummus is one of those snacks I can never really get sick of either. Dip, spread, spoon onto anything and everything. My favorite vehicles to carry hummus are carrots, Simple Mills crackers, celery, and pita chips! I even love dipping a Mediterranean style chicken in there. Outside of the food combinations, there are SO many flavor variations you can make with hummus. I’m setting a goal for myself to experiment with more flavors. The first on my “try” list are roasted red pepper, basil, and sun dried tomato! Let me know which one you’d like to see first.
Ingredients you need:
- Olive Oil
- Water (cold!)
- Apple cider vinegar- I have not tested any other vinegar
- Sea salt
How to make super easy hummus:
- Combine all ingredients into your food processor.
- Process on high for about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides half way through or as needed to ensure everything is well combined.
- Taste before removing from the bowl to make sure it’s seasoned to your liking! You may want to start lighter on the cumin and sea salt and add more as you go.
- Remove from the bowl and store in the fridge.
- Optional: If you’re enjoying this hummus right away or setting it out for a party, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and place a sprig of parsley on top!
Super Easy Hummus
- Food Processor
- ⅓ Cup Tahini
- 2 TBSP Olive Oil
- 2 TBSP Cold Water
- 1 TBSP Apple Cider Vinegar I have not tested plain white vinegar
- 1/2 TSP Cumin Feel free to half this amount if you want to test the waters with the flavor. Cumin adds a smoky element.
- 1 TSP Sea Salt
- 1 Lemon Juiced
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Can Chickpeas Rinsed and drained.
- Combine all ingredients into a food processor and run on high for about 2 minutes.
- Scrape down the sides half way through to ensure everything is well mixed.
- Store in the fridge!
- Optional: if you're enjoying this hummus right away, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with paprika and top with a sprig of parsley for presentation!