Healthy banana oat bars are soft, chewy, and make a perfect breakfast or snack. They are made with simple ingredients and are both delicious and nutritious!
I always like to have something grab and go. Between needing a quick breakfast or a snack on my way home from work, this one checks all the boxes. Healthy banana oat bars will be ready in 30 minutes and you’re set for the week!
If you’ve been here for a while, you know I like to keep things simple. To me, a recipe can become too overwhelming with a long list of ingredients. I created these bars with 8 simple ingredients you probably have on hand already. Banana oat bars are also naturally sweet, no added sugar! The secret is to use super ripe bananas. The longer you let a banana ripen, the sweeter it becomes.
These bars will be enjoyed by all- kids and adults alike! Please let me know if you like them, I can’t wait to hear what you think.
Ingredients you need to make banana oat bars:
- Bananas- extra ripe!
- Rolled oats (gluten free if needed)
- Ground flaxseed– if you don’t have ground flaxseed, you could try subbing oat flour.
- Peanut butter- natural works best! You can sub another nut butter.
- Chocolate Chips
How to make healthy banana oat bars:
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Mash bananas on a flat surface, I like to use a cutting board or dinner plate.
- Add mashed bananas, oats, flaxseed and peanut butter into a mixing bowl and combine.
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Combine again.
- If you’d like chocolate chips throughout, fold them in now. If not, follow step 7.
- Pour into a parchment lined loaf pan.
- Top with handful of chocolate chips (optional but recommended).
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes.
- Let them cool completely before slicing.
Healthy Banana Oat Bars
- 3 Bananas Mashed
- 1 Cup Rolled Oats Gluten free if necessary
- 1/4 Cup Ground Flaxseed
- 1/4 Cup Peanut Butter
- 1 TSP Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 TSP Cinnamon
- 1/4 TSP Salt
- Chocolate Chips
- Preheat oven to 350
- Mash bananas on a flat surface, I like to use a cutting board or dinner plate
- Add mashed bananas, oats, flaxseed and peanut butter into a mixing bowl and combine
- Add vanilla, cinnamon and salt. Combine again
- If you’d like chocolate chips throughout, fold them in now. If not, follow step 7
- Top with handful of chocolate chips (optional but recommended)
- Bake at 350 for 30 minutes
- Let cool completely before slicing into 8 squares. Enjoy!