As a lifelong Costco enthusiast, it only felt right to share my Costco must haves!
If you follow me on instagram here (@wonderfullymade_wellness), you know I LOVE Costco. Something about walking in with that big empty cart and endless possibilities excites me. There’s always an element to the visit of finding something I didn’t expect, which I love. There’s also those staple items I’ve been buying for years. I got my own membership in 2015 and vividly remember asking my mom to take a picture of me holding my membership card. Yep, I’m that girl.
I like to think my mom raised a “smart shopper”, I’m always looking for the best deal. Even though I’m only feeding my husband and I and buying in bulk sounds crazy, I can’t find better than these prices! Today I’m sharing my ABSOLUTE Costco must haves to get the most bang for my buck! Let me know what’s on your list too!
- Everything But the Bagel Seasoning– I originally discovered this item at Trader Joe’s, but for more than triple the size and only $2 more, I’m sold on it from Costco.
- Almond Butter (I’ll include PB here too)- $7.99 for this HUGE jar. Perfect for toast topping, baking, or even eating by the spoonful.
- Avocados– Pick up a bag and let them ripen up! Once they’re ripe I’ll stick them in the fridge to lengthen their shelf life.
- Goat Cheese– I’m newly converted on this one. I finally realized how LONG goat cheese lasts, definitely worth the bulk buy.
- Greek Yogurt– I could eat a 1 tub of this a week by myself. Organic, no added sugar, and packed with protein. Win-win-win.
- Organic Frozen Berries– Berries are one thing I try to buy organic when possible. Many berries are on the dirty dozen list and buying them frozen really helps the wallet.
- Tuna– Tuna salad on top of simple mills crackers or inside a sprouted wrap is my go to lunch when I’m in a pinch! Great price for top of the line tuna.
- Frozen Wild Caught Fish– Mahi mahi, salmon, shrimp, etc. Stock the freezer and bring it out when needed. Farm raised fish are raised in packed pools, fed a high fat processed diet, and are given antibiotics to fight off disease. I really don’t want to be eating all that. Buying wild frozen will help save $ and your health.
- Coffee– Tons of options organic or not, lasts us all month!
- Seasonal Fruit– Blueberries, strawberries, peaches, apples etc are all SUPER well priced and sometimes even local when the time is right!
- Breakfast Meat– Costco has really stepped up their game when it comes to natural/organic breakfast meat varieties. I keep this in the freezer to pull out on weekends.
- Salsa– Taco Tuesday, enough said.
- Cage-free Eggs– I buy 48 eggs (2 cases) at once. Sounds like a lot but I use them for baking weekly and love the quick meal or snack they can become.
- Almond Milk– Not perfect but a great price for my non-dairy needs!
- Coconut Water– This is a husband thing. He loves it and Harmless Harvest is his favorite!
Love hearing about my must haves? Check out some great Amazon finds here!